Premiere is not properly reading the scanline. It looks something like this: DDbSH]EIDlol2D]qoDDIHgOD
This is a known error with Canon scanners. The hardware OCR engine is not working properly.
The settings must be changed to use software OCR engine instead.
- Search for Folder Options in the Start Menu.
- Go to the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files, folders, or drives. (NOTE: You must be logged on the machine as a local administrator.)
- Click OK.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Silver Bullet Technology\Ranger\CR-50_CR-80\API Files\Transportinfo.ini and open the file.
- Change the OCR Reader Count to 0.
- Save and Exit.
- In Premiere, if using 2-Pass scan, select Use software OCR if hardware OCR not available. It should now read correctly in both 1-Pass and 2-Pass.